- Graduated from Fauquier High School
- Received the Homes Gillette Memorial Award as the student who most exemplified the ideals of Eastern Virginia Medical School
- Enjoys bicycling, traveling and water sports
With more than 20 years of clinical experience as a family practitioner in the Bealeton area, Dr. Diane King understands the primary healthcare needs of our local community. She grew up in Fauquier County and graduated from Fauquier High School. She also understands the importance of communication, connecting with families, and working together as a team. Board certified in Family Practice, Dr. King’s specialty areas include geriatrics, gynecology, preventive health and routine physical exams. Her area of interest is chronic disease management.
Education and Training
After earning her Doctor of Medicine degree from Eastern Virginia Medical School in Norfolk in 1987, Dr. King completed the Lancaster General Hospital Family Practice Residency Program in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.
Certifications and Proficiencies
Dr. King has been Board Certified in Family Practice since 1990.
Honors and Awards
Dr. Diane King was given the Holmes Gillette Memorial Award as the student who most exemplified the ideals of Eastern Virginia Medical School. She was the Secretary of her medical school class, and she served as the Resident Coordinator and Chief Resident of her Residency Program.
She assisted with a publication of an article of Human T Cell Lymphocytes while in medical school.
Dr. King was the senior physician with Fauquier Medical Associates in Bealeton where she worked for 20 years prior to joining Fauquier Health in 2010.
Dr. Diane King is an avid bicyclist and traveler. She also enjoys cooking, hiking, gardening, skiing and water sports.
Memberships and Board Appointments
- Member of the American Academy of Family Practice
- Member of the Virginia Academy of Family Practice
- Served on the board of the American Cancer Society, Fauquier Hospital Board of Trustees, and was co-President of Fauquier Business and Professional Women Group.
- Active volunteer with the Fauquier Free Clinic since it began in 1993
- Served on the first Board of the Fauquier Free Clinic and I have been the Medical Director since 2007